Monday, February 14, 2011

[INTERVIEW] Oh Won Bin's Interview in E-POP issue297, OWB's music journey

When you haven't fell in love with music, what kind of person do you think you are? Did music changed you in any way??
I'm not really special before, just a normal student, and I'm also a quiet person! Maybe because I'm a bit low profile, music became the way to express myself. I make music depending on my personality, sometimes depending on my mood too! Composing is a way for me to express myself.

When you haven't worked with music, what do you think your future will be??
I have wanted to be a singer since middle school. In fact, I have that dream since primary school! Hah! It's because at that time there's a lot of friends who would watch tv and say the singers are so handsome, but I don't think they are handsome, I don't think that the music industry is very nice, it's just that I feel I can do what they did too. At that time, being a singer means I could express my self and my voice.

When you entered the music industry, are you lost about your future??
Yes! When I was a trainee, I think I am not good enough. Compared to the others, I don't think I'm the kind who are borned to be an artist. The feeling of working hard to achieve success, I think most singers have it too. I must always remind myself to work hard when I chose this path.

When did you find out that you love singing??
I was still young when I was a trainee, so I didn't have much thoughts. Honestly, at that time, I worked hard to be one of them in my former group, because I don't want them to fail because of me. One or two years after I've debuted, I have a mind of myself for music. And at that time I was also considering whether the style in the band suits myself or not. I think I can handle more genre of music, and this leads to where I am now.

What is music to you??
Actually it's hard to describe, because music is too important to me. I think music will always accompany me, forever. If there's no music, I don't think there will be Oh Won Bin either.

Can you use a few words to describe yourself??
I'm quite a quiet person, and I don't really talk much, I like to be alone.

But, you also have the rock in your soul! Isn't it a contrast to your personality??
I think so too, especially when I saw Lee HongKi playing the guitar on stage, I become high with him too. So I want to play the guitar on stage like him too!

After you quit your formal band, are you nervous? Did you have any experiences of mistakes that you've made on stage??
Yes! I'm really nervouse , and before I went up stage, my heart will be beating very fast, even when I sing I could hear the beating of my heart! About mistakes, when we're rehearsing, I slightly sing off-pitch, but during the formal take, I did it perfectly because I'm the type who would do better if I'm nervous!

Which album or singer influences you the most??
John Mayer! He can compose, he plays jazz guitar brilliantly too! And also James Blunt, the songs they wrote is very touching, it's very hard to describe it with words. But when I'm on stage, I have a strong feeling inside me that urge me to do better, that makes me want to stay on stage.

Is your personality on stage and off stage very different?
Yes. I'm very quiet if I'm off stage. But after I've become a singer, I hope that I can become more close to my fans, and bring more smiles to my fans, and I found out that my personality had also become more cheerful.

-End of interview-

credit: Primadonnas' Island Yewonnie e-pop magazine
Translation: sotseine@happy_island

Finally he shows up!!>.<
I really miss him alredy.
My beloved husband!!
^^

Please leave comment.here is the tutorial:
1. click Post a Comment above the post.
2. choose the identity Name/URL
3. type the name (ex: Yewonnie) n type the url (ex: twitter.com/Yewonnie)
4. publish your comment

it is easy, right?so, please leave ur comment!!^^

 
 

Followers

My Update